Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jose Rizal in Chinese Museum



December 2008
Chin Kang, China

Who would have thought of seeing the Philippines' National Hero, Jose Rizal, in China. I never thought I would, so when I saw his portrait in one of the museums I had my picture taken with him right away. It turns out that he was a native from Jinjiang province. His portrait came with the following description:
Jose P. Rizal (1861-1896), native of Jinjiang, was the leader of the national independent movement of the Philippines, an author, poet, PhD of medicine. He was killed by the Spanish colonist authority, for his poems exposing the crime of Spanish colonization, his organization of the Union of the Philippines and leading the civil revolution of the Philippines. He was honored to be the Chief Hero and Father of the Nation after the independence of the Philippines.

No comments: